Things to Check Before Purchasing a Second-Hand iPhone
There are certain things like cars, clothes, and houses, which purchasing second-hand really makes sense to people. When these things are secondhand, no one really sticks their nose up. But, truth be told, seconds hand phones do get a bad reputation, whatsoever the reason. It might be that everyone is just so set on owning and experiencing the newest model out there, or it might also be possible that people are not aware of the things that need to be checked for before laying their hands on a refurbished or second-hand phone like the Second Hand iPhone 11 Pro Max.
Yes, there are many who hesitate to buy a secondhand device. The unknown is a scary place, after all. But there is no need to be spooked, though. Here, we will be taking a detailed look at the things that you should check for before you procure a second-hand iPhone from a refurbished Mobile Shop. So, let’s start.
- Battery Life: One of the primary things that you need to look for in a Second Hand iPhone 11 Pro Max is its battery life. It might be that the device is in pristine condition, looking brand new from the box, but if you witness that the device holds charge only for an hour or so, then congratulations, you own a paperweight. Here, you should keep in mind that a battery health of 80% is considered to be an optimal condition.
- Condition: It is only you who know what you are willing to work with, in terms of the condition of your new phone, so it’s really not about making sure that it’s in PERFECT condition. But, you should always have a clear idea of the condition of your iPhone before you procure it from a reputed refurbished Mobile Shop. Refurbished Phones are particularly categorized into four conditions:
- MINT condition Refurbished iPhone: There are virtually no signs of wear and the phone appears Brand New.
- GREAT condition Refurbished iPhone: Overall, this phone appears in great condition but may have small scratches here and there.
- GOOD condition Refurbished iPhone: has more visible signs of wear, and also some noticeable scratches and marks.
- CHARACTER condition Refurbished iPhone: This kind of phone has been put to good use, and shows visible scratches and distinctive signs of wear.
- Check if it is unlocked or not? A locked Second Hand iPhone 11 Pro Max is going to end up costing you more money in the long run. A locked iPhone means that it can only be used with the original carrier it was purchased from. You will be required to unlock the phone by finding a place that provides the service and paying them to unlock the device. And when you are paying more money for a Second Hand iPhone, doesn’t it defeat the purpose a bit? Look for a reputed Refurbished Mobile Shop as their devices are unlocked when you buy them. What that means is that you won’t be tied to a specific service provider. There is no one to hold you back.
- Warranty: This is the next big thing that needs to be kept an eye out for when you are purchasing a Second Hand iPhone 11 Pro Max. If you find that the device does not come with any type of warranty, then there is high chance that the person or the company selling the device has no faith in the working of the device. And you are also put at risk. What will you do if you purchase a second-hand phone that has no warranty and you find that after a week, it stops working? It isn’t just that you have to start the process all over again, but you have to shell out more money as well. So, we always advise you that when you are looking for a second-hand phone, always look for one that comes with a warranty.
Most of the reputed Refurbished Mobile Shop out there offer a one-year comprehensive warranty, that covers all technical issues like cameras and speakers. After you purchase a Second Hand iPhone 11 Pro Max, if you are confronted with any problem, the refurbished Mobile Shop will either fix the device or provide you with a new phone. But here you should note that they will not cover any damage that is inflicted on the phone. So, we suggest that it’s really worth investing in a protective case.
So, as you can well understand, purchasing a second-hand iPhone like a Second Hand 11 Pro Max is all about research. All you need to do is to perform extensive research before you purchase it from a reputed Refurbished Mobile Shop and then own and experience these premium flagships from Apple at highly competitive prices.